Sunday, September 20, 2020

TAKE IT AWAY, TOMMY by Georgia Dunn

 

The cats from the comic strip “Breaking Cat News (BCN)” are back in this third collection of comics. This collection appears to be a collection of strips that were published from September 3, 2015 – February 15, 2016. This collection features the regular cast of feline reporters (Elvis, Puck, Lupin, and Tommy), but also introduces several new characters, so of the cat variety, some not of the cat variety. These include Burt, Baba Mouse, Sophie, Tillie, and the Robber Mice. TAKE IT AWAY, TOMMY includes a really good Halloween storyline (that features some ghosts) as well as a Christmas story-line where Puck loses something very special to him.

I’ll admit, I’m not a huge fan of “Breaking Cat News.” It’s a very cat-specific comic and I’m really not the big a fan of cats. However, I do read it in the paper every day. With the expansion of characters and a greater awareness of the larger role, the strip has improved, in my opinion.  I particularly enjoyed the Halloween storyline.

No comments: