Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Blossoming Hope

The past few years have been really difficult ones for me.  2008 had some ups, but there were so many challenges that they seemed to destroy all the good that occurred.  2009 was one of the most amazing and difficult years of my life; for instance I directed my first theatrical production that year and starred in a production of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, but my Dad died and that's something that will affect me for the rest of my life. 2010 started out more promising, but then I got the hours of the job I was working reduced and eventually my entire job was eliminated. The first part of 2011 was really difficult, but the last part of the year hope has been blossoming.

I try to remain hopeful about things, but there is a dark vein in me: for instance I'm drawn to sad stories. I've always begun a new year in a spirit of joy and optimism, yet it seems all of that is quickly zapped away. 2011 is ending on a positive note and it is my hope 2012 will continue in that vein. Perhaps this year will be the turning point that like the Dark Tower and Roland Deschain has evaded me for so long.

Here's to 2012!

No comments: