Here’s an outline of the main points:
- Whatever else popular culture is, it is not trivial, because it is an expression of faith and worship.
- Not all popular culture is equally meaningful.
- Not every piece of popular culture is appropriate for engagement.
- Popular culture works by creating imaginative landscapes for us to inhabit.
- When thinking about a piece of popular culture it pays to know the tricks of the trade.
- Every piece of popular culture is a complicated mixture of grace and idolatry.
- Think carefully about how to undermine the idol and how the gospel applies to the piece of popular culture you’re sharing with friends.
- Look for occasions where you can experience popular culture together with Christian and non-Christian friends and family.