Sunday, February 10, 2019

SUPER CHILL by Adam Ellis


SUPER CHILL is a collection of comics by Adam Ellis. Ellis used to work for Buzzfeed but apparently quit his job so he could draw full time. The comics collected in SUPER CHILL are reflections upon his day-to-day life: one comic illustrates the pain of having a hangnail while another reflects on the pain of being at the dentist’s office. Apparently Ellis spent some time in Japan, so several of the comics reflect upon his time there. What I liked most about the comics in SUPER CHILL are the illustrations themselves. I realize it’s a somewhat common style of many online comics, but it’s also one that appeals to me. As for the comics themselves, I really didn’t find any of them to be that funny. There were one or two that gave me a little chuckle, but that was it.  Although I read a lot of comics and graphic novels, I don’t think I’m in the wheelhouse for SUPER CHILL, but perhaps the books greatest flaws is that I’m really not sure what the target audience for this collection is

No comments: