Thursday, March 31, 2011

Media Consumed: February 2011

Books Read
O: A Presidential Novel by Anonymous
101 Sci-fi Movies You Must See Before You Die Ed. Steven Jay Schneider
*The Smurfette by Peyo
Shift 13: Exercises to Make You Who You Want to Be by Takumi Yamazaki

O was a horrible novel. The book is marketed as being similar to Primary Colors, but it's boring as it is to sit and watch a machine grind springs. It also has a definite pro-Obama slant, which colored some of the more interesting parts of the story.

I did enjoy 101 Sci-fi Movies You Must See Before You Die. It provided me a list of some movies I have never heard of before that I am really interested in seeing.


Movies Seen
Solaris
I Am
The Fighter
Kabluey
Best In Show
Alien Raiders
Angel Heart
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
Training Day
The King's Speech
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Monsters


I saw some excellent movies in February. I was able to see The Fighter and before the Oscars and highly enjoyed both of them. You can tell that they were made with an incredible amount of love and they both have a positive look at life and a strong message about the power of family. Best in Show was hilarious. I've been meaning to see it for years, but just didn't have the chance to see it until now. Close Encounters of the Third Kind is the type of movie that if it's on tv, I'll stop and watch it, no matter where in the film they are. Monsters was an enjoyable movie that shares a theme about aliens populating Earth, ala District 9. It was made for a minimal budget, but you really can't tell. Solaris (the one with George Clooney in it) was a let down. I also enjoyed watching The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day and hope that a 2nd sequel is made.

No comments: