Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some Thoughts About CARS 2

I haven't seen CARS 2, yet, but I plan on it. It's interesting reading the semi-critical slamming the movie is receiving. Many of the negative reviews slight CARS 2 for having a lack of heart and warmth that the first movie had. I find that hilarious because I remember the reviews some of these same reviewers had about CARS four years ago when they panned it as being the worst Pixar movie ever. There wasn't anything about heart and warmth in those reviews of CARS. Many critics hated CARS because they are based on the coasts and CARS was about everything they are not: small towns, Route 66, and NASCAR. They hate CARS 2 even more because the star of the film isn't Lightening McQueen, but his best friend, Mater, the one character that represents everything they hate. I hope it breaks $100 million before TRANSFORMERS: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON opens because then those critics will really be squirming.

No comments: