Thursday, December 31, 2009

October 2009: Media Consumed

Books Read
The Twitter Book by Tim O'Reilly & Sarah Milstein
The Box by Richard Matheson
How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas Foster
*To Kill a Mockingbird Adapted by Christopher Sergel

* = denotes a play

October began a downturn in reading for me for the rest of the year. My Dad died on Oct.2 and I'm still not sure if I've recovered. I haven't been able to enjoy reading as much. I really enjoyed some of the stories in The Box. If you would like to know how to get more out of your reading, you should read How to Read Literature Like a Professor. It was a bit redundant for me, but I majored in English. Lastly, To Kill a Mockingbird is a magnificent play. Perhaps one day I will get to direct it.

Movies Viewed for the First Time
Zombieland
Year One
Falling Down
War of the Colossal Beast
Where the Wild Things Are
Paranormal Activity
Capote
The River Runs Through It

Zombieland
was a great escape for my brother and I during the days following our Dad's death. It's a great, fun action movie. Where the Wild Things Are was a movie I enjoyed, though it is a bit dark. The River Runs Trough It is a solid film that made me cry, but it ended to abruptly. Capote was bizarre (though Phillip Seymour Hoffman was brilliant). Paranormal Activity is the most overrated movie of the year. It's not scary at all!

No comments: