Friday, December 04, 2009

Return of the Muppets

I grew up on the Muppets and Jim Henson is only one of two public figures I have ever mourned for after their death. THE MUPPET SHOW, SESAME STREET, FRAGGLE ROCK, and JIM HENSON'S THE STORYTELLER were all shows I devoured when I watched them. Other than a short show on the Disney Channel, however, the Muppets have basically been nothing more than merchandise pushing machines hocking everything from Pizza Hut pizza to fancy jewelery.  About a week ago, a Muppet version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" was posted on YouTube and it went viral almost instantly.  The video is the supposed to be the first of a series featuring the Muppets to be released between now and the end of 2010. A new music album is supposed to be released next year as well as a new Muppet feature length film, THE CHEAPEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE. That makes me happy.

No comments: